Program Information Links:
PAES® 9.1 Scoring Software
PAES® Indicator 13 Document
PAES® "Full Details" Four Page Brochure
PAES® One Page "At a Glance" Flyer
PAES® Sample Performance Summary Report
PAES® PDF PowerPoint Presentation (may take a moment to load)
PAES® Helps with Transition Requirements
PAES® IEP Transition Objectives
PAES® Sampling of Real World Jobs
PAES® Validation Briefing
Students are *Paid to Explore Multiple Work Areas using Hands-On Jobs.
*Students can be paid with simulated money and paychecks through the Money Manager Program. Students spend their earned money during pay day’s when payroll is dispersed, and the school store is open.
PAES® Five Work Area Units
FIVE WORK AREA UNITS, Plus ONE CURRICULUM UNIT
1) Business/Marketing Unit
2) Consumer Service Unit
3) Construction/Industrial Unit
4) Computer Technology Unit
5) Processing/Production Unit
PAES® 9.1 Scoring Software:
- PAES® 9.1 Scoring Program is designed to serve as a staff development tool in data collection and data entry.
- Features include:
- Detection of potential errors in assigning scores and entering scores in the software
- Instructions for correcting score assignment errors
- Instructions for correcting data entry errors
- Ability to track subtask achievements
- Comprehensive Performance Summary Report
- Ability to list accommodations
- Ability to keep notes
- Link to PAES® 9.1 Scoring Software
Where Is PAES® Used?
- PAES® is used in Middle School to prepare students for career placement in High School programs. Students can gain experience and knowledge in a wide array of job opportunities.
- PAES® is used in High School for those students that are not in regular mainstream classes.
- PAES® is used in Transition Schools.
- PAES® develops basic skills needed and used in C.B.T. programs and teaches proper behaviors on the job.
- PAES® is used for Vocational Rehabilitation.
- PAES® can be used as a scheduled Work Development Class within the TAI WAYPOINT Transition Planning Program.
PAES® is Training in:
- Basic Generalizable Vocational and Life Skills that relate to most careers.
- Skills needed for vocational training, placement and independent living.
PAES® is Performance Based Assessments of:
- Students Basic Generalizable Work and Life Skills
- Students Work Interest and Preferences
- Students Work Competitiveness
- Students Work Behaviors
PAES® Assessments work with most Levels of Special Education Disabilities, including Non-Readers. PAES® Assessments can also be used for Middle School General Education students.
PAES® is Work Exploration:
- PAES® provides exploration through HANDS-ON experience providing real and meaningful career information and knowledge of what they can do.
PAES® is Work Behavior Development:
- PAES® assesses and trains proper work behaviors, eliminating many barriers to successful job placement.
How Does PAES® Operate?
- PAES® is a hands on Comprehensive Work Development Curriculum that sets up in a typical sized school classroom.
- PAES® operates in a simulated work environment. Students become employees; teachers become supervisors. Strict procedures are followed so students get the feel of real work, at the same time learn and explore new career vocational areas.
- Each area has a comprehensive array of tasks for the students to perform. The instructor monitors the tasks and provides feedback and assistance where needed.
- Students are encouraged to become as independent as possible and are awarded for their progress.
- Students completing PAES® have a thorough knowledge of many job skills and have a better understanding of the real working world.
- A comprehensive report is developed once a student has finished PAES®. This report can easily be used to develop Career Development Plans, School-To-Work Plans, IEPs and Transition Plans.
- PAES® provides the foundation basics for School-To-Work Transition Plans
- PAES® provides students with Real Knowledge that is relevant to their lives. Students are encouraged to become independent problem solvers and develop higher order thinking skills.
- Students who have successfully completed PAES®:
- Know what they are good at doing
- Know where their strengths are
- Know work-related problem solving skills
- Know proper work behavior needed on the job
- Know where they are going
- Know what careers interest them
- When Students finish with PAES® teachers know:
- What skills a student can actually perform
- If students are competitive with the real world
- What type of special assistance will be needed for slow learners, and the physically challenged
- What work behaviors students have and which ones they need to develop
- How to write better transition plans, because vital information is now available
- Complete Curriculum Materials
- On-Site Training
- Complete Business/Marketing Activities Unit
- Complete Consumer/Service Unit
- Complete Construction/Industrial Unit
- Complete Processing/Production Unit
- Optional Complete Computer Technology Unit
- Complete PAES® Behavior Inventory
- Complete Computer Scoring Software
- Applicable Data Collection Forms
Additional Educational Rehabilitation Resources and Programs
TAP, VIP, PIC, WayPoint, Job Talk, Money Manager , Let's TALK